Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Great Year!


I've had such a lovely year. There has been so much reorganizing and growing happening with me this year it's ridiculous. A lot of people say "new year, new me" and as corny as it sounds it's absolutely true in my case. My entire life is about to change. I'm leaving this awful office to venture out and hopefully find my true calling in the mean time. I'm already on deck over at Boldfacers...just spoke with the Founder/Editor and chief and got put in charge of our next shoot day which happens to be January 12th. 6 shoots, 6 very different people, one day. In comparison with sitting at a desk pushing paper and entering numbers into an Excel spreadsheet all day. I'll take the former, please. And while money will be tight and life might get a little hard, all I'll have to do is look back on this day and remember the state of bliss that I was in and I think that will be enough to keep me pushing forward. It may seem crazy to think that I really believe that I could be down and out and poor and thinking about being happy will be enough for me to survive on, but if you think that's crazy for me you may not know me very well if at all. I hated what my life had turned into and at first I was devastated about leaving this place, but I realized it was solely for monetary purposes. This is a blessing in disguise for me, a new beginning and I'm taking it and running. How many people get the chance to start all over? Lots of people can, but not enough have the balls. Most of my family thinks my job is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I can't front anymore. Not only was I not making enough money here, I lost myself in a foreign world and was almost too weak to make it back to where I belong. But I woke up and I have a second chance to be myself. I'll be damned if I let it slip away. Kisses to you all and may you have a safe and lovely night :) So yeah, 2010, while you were great you're leaving soon. Suck my swagg indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment